Friday, December 3, 2010

new open-ended quasi ambiguous solid and ephemeral ideas

My new phrasing for working in the studio is, 'I'm working on some good/new/awesome/interesting/weird/challenging ideas'.

Recently,
I started working on some new ideas that further explore my "Insinuated Map" series. These are minimalist pieces that can be multi-interpreted. They impart a sublime sense of responsibility that we have toward nature and to the ways in which we define ourselves in the artistic, ecological and relationship landscapes.

New Insinuated Road Maps using a folding gesture, a sewing gesture and a puncturing gesture:
New topographical insinuated maps using a crumpling gesture, water and dirt, time to dry, unfold and then puncture:

I am also still exploring stars, so here I have narrowed down the focus to individual and small groups of stars....we are each our own star in this universe...sounds a little corny, I know. But I continue to be fascinated with the unknown, making the intangible into something tangible, the comfort and mystery of the sky & those ambiguities about communication...

Links
List
Thought
Eternally

One star, the whole star...it makes a hole, a portal to the further unknown. What do you see when you look up at night?

"Whole Star" - appropriated canvas with collage, black paint, grommet. 5" x 5" x 2"