Thursday, January 21, 2010

Allison Schulnik, Tauba Aeurbach, lists etc.

I went to the Allison Schulnik show twice to see all the globuleness that is her goodness.
Allison Schulnik video


I do tend to like work that is piled on.
 
As much as I like work that is reductive. Something in both compulsions makes me happy, makes me wonder, and process the mind of the maker.

Pictured here is a piece from 2008 from her Hobo Series - the new work in the show is amazing and gooey as this. I also love the landscape piece....


Related Reading:

The lists I post on Facebook...and nowhere else until now.
list 3.2
ew
sinew
insinuate
disenfranchise
franchise
regurgitate
genuine
disingenuous
regress
choice
voice
over
one
make
your
plea
pleasure
restructure
contain
restrain
deny
measure
sea
rise
reprise